You can find countless attractions in or near Auburn. With amenities like camping, motels, restaurants, swimming, golf and recreation...Auburn makes a great "base of operations" for a southeastern Nebraska vacation!
Nemaha Valley Museum (402)274-2605
Located at 1423 19th Street on Courthouse Square, come investigate our local history.
Visit Sheridan Cemetery on the north west side of town.
State Theater (402)274-4096
Located at 1221 J Street downtown south of the stop light on HWY 75. Come enjoy an affordable family friendly movie.
Music in the Park is held from May through August in Legion Memorial Park. Free to all.
May 4th - Southeast Community Band and McGovern String Band
May 18th - Julia Williams and Jared's Super Blues Party
June 1st - Jumpin' Kate and Normal Blvd
June 15th - TBA and Hayseed Cowboys
July 6th - Ash Sharp and Curtis Wayne Stroud
July 20th - TBA and Wasted Highway
August 3rd - Vince Riley and Ragged Birds
August 17th - Brian McDonald and Last Minute Band
Rec Complex (west on 6th street, one half mile - soccer & softball)
- Swimming (Legion Park)
- Tennis (Legion Park)
- Optimist Lake/Rotary Island (off highway 75, east of the wellness center) – a pond size lake for fishing. The lake has a cement walking path around it.
- Golf: Auburn Country Club A local nine hole course.
- Bowling: 1818 Central Ave – the west edge of Auburn. The bowling alley was opened in 2005.
- Ariens Nature Explore Classroom- east of the Courthouse. This is for children to play in a natural, educational and imaginative setting.
The Steamboat Trace runs from south of Brownville, past Peru and up to Nebraska City. Fishing & Boating – There are some medium size lakes in this area. To find out more, click here.
Indian Cave State Park is 3,399 acres southeast of Nemaha Nebraska along the Missouri River. Enjoy this great state park.
Auburn Recreational Complex has RV camping with electric hookups and a dump station that is available April through October. Contact City Hall for more information (402)274-3420.
Fitness & Exercise
Auburn Wellness Center 601 J Street (North HWY 75) (402)274-2464
Other Youth Activities
- American Legion Baseball Boys (Ages 15-19) Contact: Mike Henrichs 402-239-0165