You can find countless attractions in or near Auburn. With amenities like camping, motels, restaurants, swimming, golf and recreation...Auburn makes a great "base of operations" for a southeastern Nebraska vacation!
Nemaha Valley Museum (402)274-2605
Located at 1423 19th Street on Courthouse Square, come investigate our local history. Visit Sheridan Cemetery on the north west side of town.
State Theater (402)274-4096
Located at 1221 J Street downtown south of the stop light on HWY 75. Come enjoy an affordable family friendly movie.
Rec Complex (west on 6th street, one half mile - soccer & softball)
- Swimming (Legion Park)
- Tennis (Legion Park)
- Rotary Lake (off highway 75, east of the wellness center) – a pond size lake for fishing. The lake has a cement walking path around it.
- Golf: Auburn Country Club
A local nine hole course.
- Bowling: 1818 Central Ave – the west edge of Auburn. The bowling alley was opened in 2005.
- Ariens Nature Explore Classroom- east of the Courthouse. This is for children to play in a natural, educational and imaginative settiing.
The Steamboat Trace runs from south of Brownville, past Peru and up to Nebraska City. Fishing & Boating – There are some medium size lakes in this area. To find out more, click here.
Indian Cave State Park is 3,399 acres southeast of Nemaha Nebraska along the Missouri River. Enjoy this great state park.
Auburn Recreational Complex has RV camping with electric hookups and a dump station that is available April through October. Contact City Hall for more informaiton (402)274-3420.
Fitness & Exercise
Auburn Wellness Center 601 J Street (North HWY 75) (402)274-2464
Other Youth Activities
- Track Club Contact: Jeff Allgood Phone: 402-274-4342
- American Legion Baseball Boys (Ages 15-19) Contact: Pat Engles Phone: 402-274-4080